- Mental relaxation
- Works the nervous, respiratory and circulatory systems.
Half Moon Pose
- Helps lower back pain, constipation, obesity of stomach, bronchi
distress, scoliotic deformities, frozen shoulders.
- Works deltoid, trapezius, pectoralis major and hamstrings.
- Exercises the colon, pancreas and kidney.
- Helps to open pelvic area, alleves joint pain and arthritis of the knees,
strengthens lower limbs, relieves sciatica, improves flexibility in toes and ankles.
- Works quadriceps and deltoids.
- Strengthens lower extremities, joint mobility for hip girdle and all 12 major joints.
By creating pressure in the joints and releasing allows fresh blood supply to flow in.
- Control of sexual energies, improves function of central nervous system.
Standing Head to Knee Pose
- Improves concentration, avoids sciatica by improving circulation and flexibility,
reduces diabetes, strengthens back muscles and nerves.
- Works the muscular, skeletal, reproductive and digestive systems.
Standing Bow Pose
- Increases circulation to the heart and lungs.
- Improves elasticity of the spine by compressing the spine.
- Helps with lower back pain.
- Opens diaphragm and lungs.
Balancing Stick Pose
- Increases blood flow all over the body at the same time.
- Clears blockage in arteries
- Builds strength in lower extremities
- Works the pancreas, kidneys and spleen
- Works muscular, reproductive, nervous and circulatory systems.
Separate Leg Stretching
- Helps constipation, abdominal obesity and hyperacidity.
- Increases circulation to the brain and adrenal glands.
- Good for small and large intestines.
- Good for kidneys
- Helps chemical imbalances in the system.
- Helps colitis, constipation, hip and back pain, spondilitis, general mobility and menstrual disorders.
- Cardiovascular benefits
- Circulatory, digestive, immune, reproductive and muscular systems all worked.
Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee
- Helps abdominal obesity, diabetes, thyroid, blood sugar balance, pancreas and kidneys.
- Works endocrine, reproductive and digestive system.
- Works obiliques, iliopsoas, quads, deltoids, trapezius, biceps and triceps.
- Creates hip and knee mobility
- Releases abdominal tension
- Helps inflammation of the lower back
- Creates balance in body and mind
- Strengthens stomach muscles.
- Helps with arthritis, knee problems or gout pain.
- Strengthens weak joints.
Dead Body Pose
- Improves circulation
- Teaches relaxation
Wind Removing Pose
- Helps constipation, flatulence and hyperacidity.
- Massages ascending colon, descending colon and transverse colon.
- Strengthens and tightens the abdomen
- Increases flexibility of the spine
The Cobra Series of Postures
(Cobra, Locust, Full-Locust and Bow)
- Works to compress and open up the spine.
- Each posture works a specific section of the spine.
- Creates spinal changes, helps low back pain, scoliosis and cervical spondylosis.
- Strengthens and improves flexibility of lower spine, knees and ankle joints.
- Helps to cure sciatica, gout and rheumatism in the legs.
- Helps varicose veins.
- Helps to cure and prevent hernia.
- Provides maximum relaxation.
- Cures indigestion, constipation and flatulence.
- Stretches lower part of the lungs – good for emphysema and asthma.
- Helps diabetes.
- Increases blood flow to the brain, bringing mental clarity.
- Strengthens muscles in the back and shoulders.
- Produces maximum compression of the spine, stimulating the nervous system.
- Improves flexibility of neck and spine.
- Relieves backache.
- Helps kypho-scolitic deformities.
- Stretches spine, maximum extension – opposite of Camel.
- Helps maintain mobility and elasticity of spine and back muscles.
- Nutures the nervous system, brings blood to the brain, helps cure depression.
- Helps diabetes.
- Helps with colds, sinus problems, chronic tonsillitis, sore throats and strep throat.
- Good for thyroid and parathyroid and larynx.
Head to Knee with Stretching
- Helps balance blood sugar level, especially good for diabetics.
- Good for the immune system, stimulates the thymus.
- Improves kidney function.
- Increases circulation to the liver and the spleen, pancreas, thyroid, thymus and intestines.
- Only posture that twists spine from top to bottom at the same time.
- Improves flexibility of spine and hip joints.
- Helps prevent slipped discs.
- Increases circulation and nutrition to spinal nerves, veins and tissues.
- Helps sciatica.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps to rid body of toxins.
- Good for emphysema and other respiratory ailments.
- Strengthens, massages and increases circulation to the abdominal organs and muscles, including the diaphragm.
- Good against high blood pressure and good for the heart.